God's Love Gives Endurance


 I am sharing more than just a pretty table this Easter.  I'm sharing a poem my Mother wrote in 1977.   It is called, " God's Love Gives Endurance" and I think its sentiment speaks much about the love God has for each of us.  I hope you enjoy it!  

GOD'S LOVE GIVES ENDURANCE
©Marilyn Stubbs Robinson 1977


Unto each life torrential rains will fall
Rolling their grief-ladened clouds all about;


But, for each storm is a protecting wall
Of powerful strength in God's love enroute,


For there from His mighty throne upon high
Comes with them a majesty all God's own


Of grace and comfort for those who are nigh
The precious caring that His love has known.


In mercy He keeps each dark cloud of gloom
Unto His compassion which then is cast


Before each one who by faith will assume
Forbearance whenever His help is asked.




Life's storms seem foreboding without God's love,
Very close to the heart and near at hand;


But, they who trusting in Him from above
Find endurance though they not understand.


God promises to each of them who belong
Unto Himself through righteous belief,


That within each black cloud there is a song
Of merciful love and peaceful relief.


So; whenever you see the dark, storming days
Meeting you there at your front door,


Remember God's love has infinite ways,
Each broken heart with faith, to restore.


I wish you all a blessed day, and a Happy Easter.


Joining:

Comments

  1. Beautiful words, beautiful tablescape, Nancy! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful Nancy! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.